The image of the old family doctor who treated the grandparents, parents and children has become a thing of the past. In today’s mobile society few people keep the same doctor throughout their lives. We are on the move – across town, the state or even the country. We change jobs and insurance plans, which may mean changing doctors.
Choosing the right doctor for you and your family may be one of the most important decisions you make. The doctor-patient relationship should be a partnership that involves open, honest communication. You should work together with your doctor to make the best health care decisions for you and your family.
Before looking for a physician, it may first help to think about what you want and need.
- Do you need a primary care doctor who can provide care for you and your children? Or would separate physicians for the adults and for the children be better?
- Do you have special health needs that should be addressed?
- Are you looking for a doctor who takes a personal interest in patients or one with a more business-like approach?
- Do you prefer a male or female doctor?
- What age range should your doctor be in?
- Where should your doctor’s office be located?
Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake offers free a physician referral service that is designed to match your needs and preferences with doctors in your area. We can match callers and doctors based on a wide range of criteria, including area of specialization, office locations, health insurance, physician age and board certifications. With more than 500 experienced physicians on our medical staff, we can help you find the right doctor for you and your family. For a free physician referral, call 800-887-2525 or visit DoctorsHospitalDallas.com/Physician.
Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake