La Bichette Blow Dry & Makeup Atelier, voted Best Blowout in Dallasby D Magazine, will host summer sessions for pre-teens and teens beginning June 30 through August 22, 2014.
Summer school has never been so fun with the pros at La Bichette showing you the art of braiding, how to achieve the perfect curls, or mastering make-up application from school to the big dance. Summer session classes include:
- Friendship Braids - Grab your bestie and master the art of braiding with this comprehensive braid class. Brush up on the basic three-strand braid and then move into French, Dutch, fishtail and waterfall braids along with bohemian style braided updos. Finish off with a braided runway event where students will get professional makeup application to complement their braided updo and present their style on La Bichette’s red carpet. Recommended for ages 8 and older; $150 per person; limited to 10 students..
- Session dates:
- Session 1: June 30, July 1 & 2* from 3 – 5:30 p.m. each day
- Session 2: July 14, 15 & 16*, from 3 – 5:30 p.m. each day
(*Runway party at 5:00 p.m. on last day of session.)
- Curl Power! Learn how to achieve tousled beachy waves to polished red carpet curls, all with a wand. This comprehensive class will go over proper sectioning, product and wand technique for each curl type. Each student will have the opportunity to create each of the looks on her own locks with the guidance of a professional stylist. Class includes a brand new Cortex 4-in-1 Curling Wand to use during class and to take home at the end of session. Recommended for ages 10 and older; $250 per person (includes Cortex 4-in-1 Curling Wand, a $250 value). Sessions limited to 10 students.
- Session dates:
- Sessions 1: June 30, July 1 & 2 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. each day
- Session 2: August 13, 14 & 15, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. each day
- Session 3: August 20, 21 & 22, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. each day
- Teen Makeup 101 – For the novice or someone interested in updating their look, this class is your guide for everything from skin care to school makeup, as well as dance makeup do’s and don’ts. We’ll lay the groundwork for healthy skin and build to mastering the smoky eye, contouring like a pro, maintaining your brows and more. Class includes 4 hours of class time with a professional makeup artist plus GloMinerals roll-up brush bag ($25), 1 ultra brush ($38), 1 angled blush brush ($28), 1 angled eye brush ($25), 1 crease brush ($25) and 1 smudge brush. ($12.50). Appropriate for ages 13 to 18; $300 per person. Session limited to 12 students.
- Session dates:
- Session 1: August 11 & 12 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. each day
- Session 2: August 18 & 19 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. each day
Enrollment for La Bichette’s SummerBeautySchool is open now. For more information about each class, visit our blog at http://labichettestylingandmakeup.blogspot.com or contact Tammy Coleman, email@example.com or 214.520.3500.
About La Bichette Blow Dry & Makeup Atelier
La Bichette Blow Dry & Makeup Atelier is locally owned by mother-daughter duo Marsha Coleman and Tammy Coleman. It all began when the two redheads began talking about the days when grace, glamour, class and confidence all went hand in hand and the belief that a true modern woman must embody a balance of femininity and feminism. To be provocative and practical, lively and intelligent, beautiful and bold, you must first know and appreciate yourself. Being gorgeous has everything to do with feeling secure in your own skin.
But let’s face it, looking and feeling extraordinary amidst life’s daily hurdles is no easy task. Taking care of yourself, or as the French say, souci de soi, is of the utmost importance. That’s where La Bichette comes in. Recognized by the editors of D magazine as the “Best Blowout in Dallas,” La Bichette’s services include blow out services and updos, hair treatments and professional makeup application.
The salon is firmly against animal testing and does its best to support products that are made in the USA. The packaging for the salon’s signature hair product line is made from aluminum, an infinitely recyclable material, and is refillable in the atelier.
La Bichette is located at 6405 Hillcrest Avenue in Dallas (across from the Southern Methodist University campus) and is open Monday through Wednesday, 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Thursday through Saturday, 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., Sunday reserved for private parties. Visit labichette.com for more information or to book an appointment.