Best Meatloaf Ever
Most families rely on simple 'go to' recipes to get through the meal time process. Here is one of those tried and true meals that most come back to time and again.
Meatloaf is a staple meal in our house. It's inexpensive to make, pairs well with potatoes and many green vegetables and does really well as leftovers. But this is no plain old meatloaf. Unlike most, this meatloaf is ingredibly moist and really flavorful. So, go ahead, double the recipe and make 2 loaves. Eat one tonight and freeze the other for later.
1 cup Bread Crumbs
1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
3/4 cup (heaping) Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon Worchestershire
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
½ teaspoon Course Ground Pepper
⅓ cups Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
3 whole Eggs Beaten
10 slices Bacon
3/4 cup Ketchup
2 T Brown Sugar
½ t Dry Mustard
Tabasco To Taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine all meatloaf ingredients except the bacon slices in a bowl with your hands.
3. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain.
4. Lay bacon slices over the top of the loaf, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
5. Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together, pour over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes.