What’s a summer party without a signature drink? But shaking and stirring is no fun when there are friends to enjoy and appetizers to munch on.
Here's an easy and equally delicious pitcher drink you can mix up before the party starts. Then, settle in and enjoy your guests and celebrate the end of summer and the beginning of a new school year!
Smashed Blueberry Lemonade
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice, about 6 lemons
- 4 cups water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- Vodka (optional)
- Place blueberries on waxed paper and using the back of a spoon or a mallet, mash the berries.
- Place the berries, lemon juice, water, and sugar in a pitcher.
- Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes stirring occationally until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice.
- Add a splash of vodka.
- Then pour the lemonade through a fine mesh strainer into each glass.
- Garnish with blueberries and lemon slices.
For more cocktails (and great meal planning resources) visit No More To Go's website.