Cinnamon rolls are a weakness of mine. And, while I can pass on the donuts and the crumbly dry muffins, I can't resist a gooey, warm cinnamon roll. So, I’ve been trying to find a recipe for the ultimate cinnamon roll for a long time - one that doesn't require a lot of work or pre-planning. So, that eliminates all the great recipes that call for scratch dough or hard frozen rolls, since both of those are unrealistic on Saturday mornings in our house!
Well, I just may have come up with the perfect solution. Instead of the frozen or scratch dough, I tried simple refrigerated biscuits. The results were pretty darn good and quick too. Enjoy! To check out more delicious, healthy recipes, go the No More 'To Go' website.
“KINDA” HOMEMADE APRICOT CINNAMON ROLLS
Total Time: 45 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 refrigerated package of biscuits
- 1/4 cup packaged dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cover apricots in boiling water. Let sit 10 minutes to rehydrate
- Once hydrated, chop into very small pieces.
- On a clean surface, flatten each biscuit with your fingers.
- Spread melted butter on each piece of dough.
- Sprinkle generously with brown sugar.
- Then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top with pecans and apricots.
- Roll each piece into a small log, twist once and then place into mini muffin tin.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Brush all with melted butter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- While cooking, prepare icing by combining all in small bowl.
- Drizzle hot rolls with icing.