Feel that cold air outside? It makes you want to grab a blanket and a warm bowl of something delicious for dinner and there are a lot of good choices to fill that bowl with. You could choose a soup or maybe a chili. But, why not think a little out of the ordinary? Try this shrimp and cannellini bean dish. It really hits the spot with the creamy beans, crisp shrimp and, of course, garlic.
This meal and more can be found at No More ‘To Go’. Check out the weekly menus and grocery lists for busy families who like to eat well.
CRISPY BAKED SHRIMP WITH CANNELLINI BEANS
Servings: 4 Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (19 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 cups spinach, torn
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- Heat over to 400 F.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Place shrimp on a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until shrimps are cooked through and the crumbs are crispy – 10-12 minutes. If not browned, broil for a minute and watch closely.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the beans, ¼ cup water, spinach and bell peppers.
- Cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with the spinach.
- Serve the beans with the shrimp and sprinkle any remaining crumbs over the top.