by: Scott Boles, Fine Arts Teacher
Every year, the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools, or TAPPS, has an art competition for every private school in Texas. The competition was in Waco this year on April 11 and 12. Lakehill fine arts students competed in the categories of Drawing (black and white), Drawing (color), Computer Rendered Art, Painting, Sculpture, Ceramics, Short Film, and Senior Portfolio. Each category had up to 50 submissions from every 3A private school in the TAPPS organization.
Lakehill had 13 students place in every category. There were three state champions (gold medals), one bronze medal, and nine ribbons. Lakehill scored a total of 59 points, which was enough to place 3rd overall!
The winners this year were:
Drawing (black and white)
- Charlotte Coffin - 1st Place State Champion
- Aspen James - 5th Place
- Millie Castoldi - 3rd Place
- Abby Youngberg - 5th Place
- Madeline Reister - 8th Place
Computer Rendered Art
- Esther Neerman - 1st Place State Champion
- Matthew Hjertstedt - Honorable Mention
- Adeline Born - Honorable Mention
- Sam Rosen - 4th Place
- Ma’Ki Shaw - 8th Place
- Clio Byrd - 6th Place
- Rowan Clendenin - Honorable Mention
- Landry Poore - 1st Place State Champion
Congratulations to the Lakehill Fine Arts faculty: Mr. Boles (drawing, painting, computer rendered art, senior portfolio), Ms. Troxler (sculpture, ceramics), and Mr. Parr (short film).