Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake opened its doors in June 1959 as a community medical/surgical hospital with 50 beds and 75 employees. Since then, it has grown to become a 218-bed, acute care facility offering a full spectrum of medical services, from cardiology and family practice medicine to orthopedics and bariatric surgery. Some of the milestones achieved over the years at the hospital include:
- 1968 – Opening the first Coronary Care Unit and expanding to 100 beds
- 1977 – Relocating to 9440 Poppy Drive and using the new facility’s extra space for 24-hour emergency service; opening an adjacent four-story professional building; offering ambulatory surgery
- 1981 – Adding a CT scanner to imaging capabilities
- 1986 – Adding obstetric services
- 1997 – Opening the Wound Treatment Center
- 2004 – Opening the Sleep Center
- 2008 – Offering new surgical suites with all private rooms and adjoining rooms for family members to spend the night
- 2013 – Opening the first Urgent Care Center, now known as MedPost
- 2014 – Expanding services to include robotic surgery and hyperbaric oxygen therapy; opening the Congestive Heart Failure Clinic
In celebration of 55 years of caring for the East Dallas community this year, Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake is making donations to area nonprofit organizations that also serve the White Rock Lake area. Local 501(c)3 groups are invited to submit applications to request items of their choice for donation by the hospital. One winner will be selected in the fall and another later in the year. The hospital will donate 55 of the requested items to that school or community or service organization. The maximum retail value of each item is $55, for a total maximum donation value of $3,025. Request forms are available online at DoctorsHospitalDallas.com/55YearDonation.
To learn more about how Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake is helping to improve the well-being of people living in the East Dallas area, visit DoctorsHospitalDallas.com.
Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake
9400 Poppy Drive
Dallas, TX 75218