The Bishop Lynch High School Crew Team, with rowers from Dallas United Crew, continued their winning streak for the spring racing season in Austin, Texas on April 18th and 19th. The rowers competed at the Texas State Rowing Championships in Austin and walked away with two state championship titles, including one of the most prestigious events –women’s varsity eight! BL rowers have the fastest boats in Texas, earning gold in:
The Women’s Varsity 8+
- Congratulations to BL Rowers Lauren Blonien, Catherine Miller and Kenzie Dunagan
The Men’s Junior Novice 8+
- Congratulations to Anson Smith
The Women’s Varsity 4+ took home a silver medal - Congratulations to Lauren Blonien and Kenzie Dunagan.
Tulsa Route 66 Sprint Invitational: BL Crew also had strong showings in the Route 66 Tulsa Sprints Invitational Regatta held April 11th and 12th.
- Gold- Women's Novice 4+ / Brooke Johnson
- Silver - Men's Novice 8+ / Anson Smith
- Silver – Women’s JV 8+ / Alice Maguire
- Silver – Women’s JV 4+/ Alice Maguire
The Bishop Lynch rowers from Dallas United Crew compete in Oklahoma City regional contest on May 1st and 2nd. This regatta will cap off the spring racing season and for those that qualify will lead to Nationals in the summer.