The Bishop Lynch Aquatics team kicked off their 2015-2016 season last Saturday in the Knights of Columbus Invitational.
The Lady Friars won the meet, defeating Ursuline by a 98-94 score, with John Paul II finishing third.
The Lady Friars were led by two-event winner Freshman Ailish Tierney, who won the 200-yard freestyle and the 100-yard backstroke.
Other performances of note were:
• Junior Niamh Tierney, who won the 100-yard freestyle and was third in the 200-yard individual medley;
• Senior captain Jessica Jordan, who finished second in the 200-yard individual medley and 100-yard breaststroke;
• Junior Bonnie Nolan, who finished second in the 200-yard and 100-yard freestyle events;
• Senior Shauna Seidel, who finished second in the 50-yard and fourth in the 500-yard freestyle events;
• Senior Jordan Carl, who finished third in both the 500-yard freestyle and 100-yard breaststroke;
• Junior Jesseca Hageman, who finished second in the 100-yard backstroke; and
• Freshman Kate Furlong, who finished third in the 100-yard butterfly.
Jessica Jordan, Bonnie Nolan, Niamh Tierney and Ailish Tierney teamed to win the 200-yard freestyle relay in a time of 1:52.77. The Tierney's and Jordan combined with Jordan Carl to finish second in the 200-yard medley relay while Nolan, Carl, Seidel, and Hageman grouped to finish second in the 400-yard freestyle relay.
The men's team had a good meet, finishing third behind Jesuit and John Paul II. The Friar men were led by junior Will Eckles, who won the 200-yard individual medley in a fine time of 2:16.76 seconds, and who set a personal best time of 1:02.92 seconds in finishing third in the 100-yard butterfly.
Eckles got support from:
• Junior AJ Armenta, who finished third in the 100-yard freestyle with a personal best time of 1:00.19 seconds, and who also had a best time of 27.02 seconds in the 50-yard freestyle;
• Junior Eric Bray, who finished fourth in the 100-yard backstroke and fifth in the 500-yard freestyle;
• Junior Sean O'Hare, who finished fourth in the 50-yard freestyle in a personal best time of 25.75 seconds, and sixth in the 200-yard freestyle.
The men's 400-yard freestyle relay team of Eckles, Armenta, sophomore Killian Baker and freshman Ashlyn Duy finished second in that event. Bray and O'Hare joined with sophomore George Smith and freshman Jett Malippa to finish sixth in the 200-yard medley relay, and the 200-yard freestyle relay team of Bray, O'Hare, Duy and Eckles finished sixth in their event.
The Friars next take to the pool Thursday against Bryan Adams and Mesquite ISD at 6 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus pool.